Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will introduce myself

2 posters

Go down

I will introduce myself Empty I will introduce myself

Post  Rpoppert Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:53 am

Ok, first I am going to say this is going to be a great forum. Thank you for doing this!!

My name is Robin. I was only 1 years old in 1969, so needless to say, I didn't know the Jackson 5 right in the beginning. I think my first true memories of Michael were Ben. I remember thinking, what a cute guy. What a fantastic voice. I know it was so funny he was singing about a rat, but heck, it was a very pretty song. I seem to have glimpses of other J5 songs, because I know when Ben came out, I was familiar with who J5 was. And, I was quite familiar too with Rockin Robin.. was quite fond of Michael singing that song, for many reasons. I remembered some of the later J5 albums, through the disco era etc.. and I remembered when The Wiz came out. So by the late 70's, I was pretty familiar with Michael, and already had quite a fondness for him.

Then one day, my mom comes home with this album.. Off The Wall. She was so excited about a song she had heard on the radio, and had to have this album. We played the album.. my true deep love for Michael had begun. I played that album, over, and over and over.. When Thriller came out, my love grew even more. I had witnessed the first moonwalk on the Motown 25.. my friends and I shortly after that had a MJ party. Well, it was one of my friends birthday parties, but the theme was Michael.

I got to see the Victory tour here in Los Angeles. Our seats were, way, way far away.. but non the less I was jsut so happy to be breathing the same air as Michael. Unfortunatly, that was the only time I got to see him live. I had wanted to go to the Bad tour, but I think I was in college at the time, and just wasn't able to go, or couldn't afford it. My parents, were very lucky though, to have seen him twice more. They were at the Oscars he atteneded with Madonna, and they also were at the Superbowl were he performed. I was so jealous!!

Anyhow, I guess, I probably gave way more info them people wanted to hear. But, I know I only started posting on MJ You Tube sites, after his death. I have always watched many videos and rated, but didn't post much. After this death, I have just had such a need to talk about him.

But, my love and admiration for MJ has been for a long, long time. Whenever ever I knew he was going to be on TV.. I made sure to watch. Had he done more tours in the US, I would have been, there. When the This Is It tour was announced, I was seriously trying to figure out how to plan my vacation at work, to maybe get to London to see at least one show. I wanted to go so bad.

Sadly.. this computer I am on, is fairly new.. the day I brought it home from the store and was setting it up.. the very, first thing, I saw on line.. was Michael's death. I thought, ok, this computer is not working, this is just a big joke. I had heard earlier, he had been rushed to the hospital, so of course, I was waiting with bated breath, to hear he was ok. Anyhow, we know how that turned out. It has been the most difficult 6 months that I can ever remember. Michael's passing started it, and I 've had some other personal and health issues over the past 6 months. The sadness though, of Michael's death is always right there.

Well, that's just some of my background as far as my involvement with Michael. Not sure you all wanted to know that much, but I just felt like giving some info. As far as general info. Again, my name is Robin. I am almost 42 years old. I live in Southern California. I am married, but do not have any kids. And, I am a preschool teacher.

I look forward to seeing how this forum develops, and sharing the love of Michael, with other fans.
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

User Points : 272

Back to top Go down

I will introduce myself Empty Re: I will introduce myself

Post  LoveForMJJ4Ever Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:46 pm

You are one of my FAVORITE viewers, just because of how much you express yourself and what you are feeling...thanks SO much as always for sharing that delightful story....I love reading long stories Smile Very Happy
LoveForMJJ4Ever
LoveForMJJ4Ever
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

User Points : 111

https://www.youtube.com/user/LoveForMJJ4Ever

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:11 am

LoveForMJJ4Ever wrote:You are one of my FAVORITE viewers, just because of how much you express yourself and what you are feeling...thanks SO much as always for sharing that delightful story....I love reading long stories Smile Very Happy

Thank you for your comments. I like to read long stories too. Which is why I always read your descriptions for your videos. I love how you describe everything.

Also, I belong to quite a few MJ YouTube sites, yours though is my favorite. You make such awesome videos, and enjoy everyone. Also, I just think it's wonderful how many people your age love Michael, considering I think your generation was exposed to so much more of the negative garbage, and that it seemed like the later albums, didn't get as much recognition as his earlier ones, I think it's amazing and wonderful that so many younger people discovered and supported Michael in the later years of his career. It does go to show the powerful impact that man had. And, it really warms my heart knowing how much he really was loved.
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveForMJJ4Ever Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Well, I really feel I was born in the wrong era because I like NOTHING of my generation. I have no hope for my generation which is very sad, my generation is filled with trashy music about women, money and sex. THAT'S ABOUT IT. So, unfortunately I have to alter my life style so that I do not allow the BS that goes on around me to affect me. Where I go to school, there's lots of wannabes and people who think they know it all just because their parents are rich but the truth is, they know nothing and are heading down a road of failure. So, rather then get caught up in all of this crazy stuff, I study, I read, I love making videos and I love my family. I have everything in my life that I need...

I really am an adult trapped in a kid's body!!!
LoveForMJJ4Ever
LoveForMJJ4Ever
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

User Points : 111

https://www.youtube.com/user/LoveForMJJ4Ever

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:19 am

I don't know if this is a good place to leave jut general messages. But, I thought I would try it here to see if anyone finds it.

I wanted to apologize that I have been kind of out of touch this past week, but I just moved last Sunday. Actually, since most of you probably do not know much about me personally, I am married, and when I moved I move out on my husband. And, I am filing for divorce.

Anyhow, I am in a new place that is all mine. I am up and on line. I have been all week, but the stress has made me soooooooo tired in the evenings, I check in and read, but haven't posted much. I should be back around more regularly.

At some point down the road, maybe sooner then later, I am going to change my screenname here, and maybe on YouTube also, since the name is just my name, and since it is my married name, I want to use something else. But, I want to make the transition smoothly, so that people know who I am. So, I haven't decided when I am going to do this, but I will let you all know when it happens, if I do change it.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: