Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grammys 2010

5 posters

Go down

Grammys 2010 Empty Grammys 2010

Post  lucylovesmjforever Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:00 am

Did everyone watch the grammys (:
i saw it on youtube although apparently it's on English telly on Wednesday or something,
but I can't wait until then haha
Earth song was great, well done Celine Dion, Usher, Jenifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood and Smokey Robinson (:
did you notice some celebs in the audience? they looked so bored!! although Beyonce was smiling and clapping away, she was a big MJ fan Very Happy
Prince and Paris' speech was lovely, I feel so sorry for them, they're the one's suffering the most Sad
I was surprised by how mature Prince sounded though Surprised he seems so grown up,,,

Grammys 2010 Prince10
lucylovesmjforever
lucylovesmjforever
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

User Points : 240

Back to top Go down

Grammys 2010 Empty Re: Grammys 2010

Post  AlyssaLovesMichael Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:34 am

I am very proud of both of them. It takes a lot of guts to do that. I'm glad they both look well. I was so surprised when I heard Prince speak! His voice is so deep and mature. How old is he now? 13? 14? No disrespect, but his voice is already deeper than Justin Bieber who is almost 16 if not already. Paris got her hair cut since the last time I saw her. It looks great. They both looked very mature.

The 3D effect on my TV wasn't very good. I don't know how anyone else's was. I still enjoyed it though. Smile

Oh, by the way Lucy, you spelled Jennifer wrong.

Is it just me or does Paris look a lot like her mother? I think Prince looks a lot like Michael.
AlyssaLovesMichael
AlyssaLovesMichael
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

User Points : 313

http://www.endless-abyss.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lucylovesmjforever Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:21 am

AlyssaLovesMichael wrote:I am very proud of both of them. It takes a lot of guts to do that. I'm glad they both look well. I was so surprised when I heard Prince speak! His voice is so deep and mature. How old is he now? 13? 14? No disrespect, but his voice is already deeper than Justin Bieber who is almost 16 if not already. Paris got her hair cut since the last time I saw her. It looks great. They both looked very mature.

The 3D effect on my TV wasn't very good. I don't know how anyone else's was. I still enjoyed it though. Smile

Oh, by the way Lucy, you spelled Jennifer wrong.

Is it just me or does Paris look a lot like her mother? I think Prince looks a lot like Michael.

oops lol sorry :L i think you can spell it both ways though, depending on who it is,
Prince will be 13 on the 13th Feb, his 1st birthday without Michael Sad
haha exactly what i was thinking about Justin Bieber! That boy winds me up, i think he's still 15 :')
They both looked beautiful, and yes it was very brave seeing as the grammys were watched by millions and it must have been hard for them to say
I didn't see the 3D seeing as it was on youtube but i still enjoyed it alot (:
lucylovesmjforever
lucylovesmjforever
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

User Points : 240

Back to top Go down

Post  rfsmith93 Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:03 pm

I too think the Earth song tribute was beautiful and very moving. I'm not sure if I noticed a whole lot of difference with my 3D glasses, but I did notice a few things, during the song that were enhanced in the forest scenes.

MJ's children did a wonderful job with their speeches, I think he would have been very proud of them, I know I was, for sure. I noticed both of them had very nice haircuts, and I loved their miniature versions of their father's outfit, they looked great. Prince's voice was deeper than I expected, lol! But I mean that in a good way, they were very brave. It made me sad to think of why they were there, accepting the award instead of their father. Love them, I'm praying for you young ones.
rfsmith93
rfsmith93

User Points : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:36 am

I did watch the Grammys. Earth song was a wonderful tribute. I kind of wish they had done more songs, but it was a fine tribute. I did see some difference with the 3D glasses, but not much. And, they were annoying to wear. Michael's children did him proud accepting the award. Overall, I love that they did Earth Song, at the same time, it being the first Grammys since Michael's death, I just felt like, there could have been more to the overall tribute. It just didn't seem long enough.

Also, I am having such mixed feelings regarding the remake of We Are The World. I do think it's a wonderful thing to help Haiti. And, I so feel it's something Michael would approve, and want to be part of where he here. And, then I think, how can there be We Are The World without Michael? Just seems wrong. So, very mixed feelings on the whole thing, but I do hope they raise a lot of money to help Haiti.

Oh, and I do agree about Paris looking like her mom and Prince like Michael. Although, I do see some Michael in Paris. Prince, has Michael's eyes for sure. Paris not the eye color, but the shape of his eyes somewhat. But yes, as I was watching them, I saw the resembelences.
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

User Points : 272

Back to top Go down

Post  rfsmith93 Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:04 am

I agree I would have loved to see more during the tribute, more songs, poems even, it was over all too soon.

I too have mixed feeling about the "new" WATW tribute, it being done without Michael who was a larger than life creative force on that song, does seem very wrong to me. I mean don't get me wrong, I very much agree that Michael would have done all he could to help Haiti, he may have even written a special song for relief just for them, in addition to giving them financial help, and whatever else he could do in their time of need. I do hope they raise a lot of money as well, and that the purpose of the song does what it is supposed to do. I do like many of the people in the line up. (I don't like however that Lil Wayne is going to be in the lineup, I'll get into that in maybe another thread though) His sister Janet, and his children reading a poem may make me want to hear just those parts, though...

But I know what you mean, about Michael being absent in a song he played such a great part in creating, it makes me feel sad actually. That is enough to bother me about it, but then there are other things too, like what Q said about Michael shortly after his death, and then certain people in the line up who out right dissed our beloved MJ while he was still with us, and after, that they are also a part of this song, that makes me sick, and not want to really hear more concerning it. And then there is the fact that they for some reason felt compelled to use that same song, one of Michael's most cherished songs, none of this sits right with me either....I mean my emotions are all over the place this week with this song, and about Dr. Murder (my new name for Conrad Murray), possibly surrendering today, and my own personal struggles, etc.
rfsmith93
rfsmith93

User Points : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  AlyssaLovesMichael Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Rpoppert wrote:
Oh, and I do agree about Paris looking like her mom and Prince like Michael. Although, I do see some Michael in Paris. Prince, has Michael's eyes for sure. Paris not the eye color, but the shape of his eyes somewhat. But yes, as I was watching them, I saw the resembelences.
It seems like as they get older they are looking more like their parents. They are both very cute kids though.
AlyssaLovesMichael
AlyssaLovesMichael
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  mjjisstunna95 Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:47 pm

I watched it/the Grammys. It was wonderful! Very well performed, although I was a little surprised at Carrie Underwood being up there. But it's alright, her voice sounded great. :] I liked how Usher really got into the song ; he has a lot of respect for MJ. I got so excited when Lionel Richie was saying Paris & Prince were going to say a speech - I screamed. xD I was watching it with my mom and she yelled at me to shut up. Bahaha. xD But still...I cried during their speech. D: I mean, people are talking trash because Prince & Paris stumbled over their words a little & Paris forget her speech. Seriously? That makes me sooo mad. It was their, really, FIRST public speaking EVER, let alone they're only what, 12 and 13? Paris look so pretty, and Prince is really handsome. I actually gasped when I heard him speak. Is it just me, or did anyone else think he sounded like Michael?!

Anyway, I heard Blanket was supposed to go up there with them, but was too nervous. There's pictures of the 3 of them backstage floating around, they all look so cute and they love each other so much. It's heart breaking.

P.S. Did anyone noticed Paris & Prince holding hands while coming up the stairs? That was adorable! Michael taught them well. :]
mjjisstunna95
mjjisstunna95
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

User Points : 46

https://www.youtube.com/user/MJJisaStunna95

Back to top Go down

Post  AlyssaLovesMichael Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:59 pm

mjjisstunna95 wrote:I watched it/the Grammys. It was wonderful! Very well performed, although I was a little surprised at Carrie Underwood being up there. But it's alright, her voice sounded great. :] I liked how Usher really got into the song ; he has a lot of respect for MJ. I got so excited when Lionel Richie was saying Paris & Prince were going to say a speech - I screamed. xD I was watching it with my mom and she yelled at me to shut up. Bahaha. xD But still...I cried during their speech. D: I mean, people are talking trash because Prince & Paris stumbled over their words a little & Paris forget her speech. Seriously? That makes me sooo mad. It was their, really, FIRST public speaking EVER, let alone they're only what, 12 and 13? Paris look so pretty, and Prince is really handsome. I actually gasped when I heard him speak. Is it just me, or did anyone else think he sounded like Michael?!

Anyway, I heard Blanket was supposed to go up there with them, but was too nervous. There's pictures of the 3 of them backstage floating around, they all look so cute and they love each other so much. It's heart breaking.

P.S. Did anyone noticed Paris & Prince holding hands while coming up the stairs? That was adorable! Michael taught them well. :]

Yes, Blanket was there but he didn't go on stage. I was shocked when Prince spoke because his voice is so deep for a 13 year old and I believe Paris is 12. Let them talk trash. Paris and Prince can speak better publicly than any of them at 12 & 13 than they can at any age. Like Chris Brown says, "let the haters keep on hatin' cause someone has to do it."
I think you are crazy, I think Prince's voice is even deeper than Michael's! LOL! Yeah they were so cute and they looked great! Smile
AlyssaLovesMichael
AlyssaLovesMichael
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down