Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson's This Is It on Blu-ray 1/26: BD-Live and REALLY LIVE!!!

+3
lucylovesmjforever
AlyssaLovesMichael
iL0VEMiCHAELX
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Michael Jackson's This Is It on Blu-ray 1/26: BD-Live and REALLY LIVE!!! Empty Michael Jackson's This Is It on Blu-ray 1/26: BD-Live and REALLY LIVE!!!

Post  iL0VEMiCHAELX Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Michael Jackson's This Is It; the concert film capturing The King of Pop's preparations for a huge-scale stage comeback in London, before his tragic death last year; will be arriving in a special edition from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on January 26. The movie, assembled from hours of rehearsal and backstage footage shot on HD video, was hugely popular in its theatrical run and presents what is being called the "last ray of light" from "one of greatest performers of all time."

The Blu-ray disc edition will include new and never-before-seen extras, comprised of interviews, "making of" segments, and featurettes on the costumes and the dancers, in addition to some BD-exclusives. Two short films created to be shown during the concert, for the live performances of "Thriller" and "Smooth Criminal," are presented here in their entirety, and Sony's BD-Live movieIQ feature will receive two enhancements for this release. Interactive playlists will allow users to create and bookmark a compendium of their favorite songs, while movieIQ Sync puts the bonus data for the movie onto a separate device such as a PC or iPhone.

To help introduce the upcoming disc, the movie's associate producer and Michael Jackson's choreographer, Travis Payne--who began working with Jackson in 1992--was on-hand to show off some sweet dance moves along with two of the principal dancers. Together they performed the numbers "Bad" and "Jam." We also received a first look at the "Smooth Criminal" short film. An edited version of today's event will be made available tomorrow on BD-Live, accessible via any Sony Blu-ray disc which supports BD-Live.

Michael Jackson's This Is It on Blu-ray 1/26: BD-Live and REALLY LIVE!!! This-i10
iL0VEMiCHAELX
iL0VEMiCHAELX
MJ Fan
MJ Fan

User Points : 119

https://www.youtube.com/xxkingofpopx/

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson's This Is It on Blu-ray 1/26: BD-Live and REALLY LIVE!!! Empty Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It on Blu-ray 1/26: BD-Live and REALLY LIVE!!!

Post  AlyssaLovesMichael Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:11 pm

I was going to get both either way, but now I'm getting the Blu Ray first. xD
AlyssaLovesMichael
AlyssaLovesMichael
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

User Points : 313

http://www.endless-abyss.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson's This Is It on Blu-ray 1/26: BD-Live and REALLY LIVE!!! Empty Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It on Blu-ray 1/26: BD-Live and REALLY LIVE!!!

Post  lucylovesmjforever Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:48 pm

i don't have blu ray Sad

n is it the 26th of January cause on amazon it says 22nd of February

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Jacksons-This-Disc-Collectors/dp/B002VJJGJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1263160057&sr=1-1
lucylovesmjforever
lucylovesmjforever
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

User Points : 240

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:51 pm

I don't have Blue Ray either.. so I'll have to stick with the DVD for now. I am jsut so ready to have that movie in my home! To watch as many times as I want!!! I have it pre-ordered already, and it comes out 4 days after my birthday! It's the only present I want.

I think I'm going to have to invest in a blue ray though.. I am going to need to see that version.
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

User Points : 272

Back to top Go down

Post  AlyssaLovesMichael Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:40 pm

My mom's boyfriend has a blu ray player in our living room for the "tv room" me made. He can't keep me out. It's my house. Razz I help pay to keep it. So he can't stop me!
AlyssaLovesMichael
AlyssaLovesMichael
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  MJFanboy Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Am I the only one counting down the days until its released? (lol) Can not wait!
MJFanboy
MJFanboy

User Points : 24

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMJFanboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:32 am

MJFanboy wrote:Am I the only one counting down the days until its released? (lol) Can not wait!

You bet I am counting down the days. I cannot wait. This month seems to be dragging already, because I am just waiting to get that DVD!
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  lucylovesmjforever Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am

Rpoppert wrote:
MJFanboy wrote:Am I the only one counting down the days until its released? (lol) Can not wait!

You bet I am counting down the days. I cannot wait. This month seems to be dragging already, because I am just waiting to get that DVD!

hahaa same, and when it was going to be in the pictures to i was counting down like 1 month and 2 days to go lol (:
lucylovesmjforever
lucylovesmjforever
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  iL0VEMiCHAELX Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:13 am

lucylovesmjforever wrote:
Rpoppert wrote:

hahaa same, and when it was going to be in the pictures to i was counting down like 1 month and 2 days to go lol (:

Lol samee ! Very Happy. x Mhee my friend would phone each othur and be likee 3 weeks to go !.. etc <3. dayyum we had fun though ! we sat at the very back and sang along to all the songs , took our shoes off and had our feet on the seats in front as no one was sittin near us.. probs because before the film started we'd just drank a load of tango and in the waiting bit before you go in we;d been having competitions to see who could stuff popcorn into their mouths the most discreetly ;p lmao ellen [ my bff ] just goes "likee this!" -gets huge handfull and shoves it in her mouth- lmao this lady across the room was looking at her when she did it aswel ! and then before the movie started we were just LAAUGHING and i mean laughing ! i thought my ribs were guna burst and we had this security guard or whatever come stand behind us for a bit :L !
so yeah (: ellen beat boxed to billie jean and then we waved our hands in the air to "will you be there" and "man in the mirror" lmao one loony at the back doing it.. then this lady did it aswel ahahaha ! XD would have cryed durin "i'll be there".. apart from me and my friend had drunk a load of tango and yeah we needed the loo ! .. lol we like hopped along the line from chair to chair then sprinted down the stairs . first time i've needed the loo at the cinema .. lOL ! honestly it was briloo Very Happy. what about you guys ?! lol! I love you
iL0VEMiCHAELX
iL0VEMiCHAELX
MJ Fan
MJ Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  lucylovesmjforever Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:40 pm

iL0VEMiCHAELX wrote:
Rpoppert wrote:

Lol samee ! Very Happy. x Mhee my friend would phone each othur and be likee 3 weeks to go !.. etc <3. dayyum we had fun though ! we sat at the very back and sang along to all the songs , took our shoes off and had our feet on the seats in front as no one was sittin near us.. probs because before the film started we'd just drank a load of tango and in the waiting bit before you go in we;d been having competitions to see who could stuff popcorn into their mouths the most discreetly ;p lmao ellen [ my bff ] just goes "likee this!" -gets huge handfull and shoves it in her mouth- lmao this lady across the room was looking at her when she did it aswel ! and then before the movie started we were just LAAUGHING and i mean laughing ! i thought my ribs were guna burst and we had this security guard or whatever come stand behind us for a bit :L !
so yeah (: ellen beat boxed to billie jean and then we waved our hands in the air to "will you be there" and "man in the mirror" lmao one loony at the back doing it.. then this lady did it aswel ahahaha ! XD would have cryed durin "i'll be there".. apart from me and my friend had drunk a load of tango and yeah we needed the loo ! .. lol we like hopped along the line from chair to chair then sprinted down the stairs . first time i've needed the loo at the cinema .. lOL ! honestly it was briloo Very Happy. what about you guys ?! lol! I love you

lol my mum is the only MJ fan i know so i went with her :') lucky you that has a friend that is a fan (:
it was quite mad i was either laughing my head off if MJ was being funny, or i was crying my eyes out when he was singing like i'll be there and stuff.
the only thing that annoyed me was that there were these people near us that kept going what song is this? i dunno... what song is this? no idea.... n then thriller came on n they were like OMGODDDDDD its thriller!!!! n i was thinkin no sh*t sherlock hahaa
we don't get the dvd in the UK till the 22nd feb :/ nearly 5 months after i saw it at the pictures :O
i wannnaaa see it again xD lol

and iL0VEMiCHAELX since you live in France, was it dubbed or have subtitles or anything jw cause i remember you saying you moved there n are originally english or american or something (:
lucylovesmjforever
lucylovesmjforever
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:10 am

I was counting the days too!!! I had specifically found a day I could take off from work, (which was the day after teh opening day), and then bought tickets for 3 showings that day. I was sooooooo bummed, that I had some health things come up, and that day, I couild not go, cause I HAD to go to a doctor's appointment. I was like, this can'tbe the only day to go to the doctor. But, it couldn't be helped. Luckily I saw it 3 days after on a Sunday. And, then twice more after that. I wanted to go more, but I had too many things going on. Really counting down until the DVD!!!!
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  iL0VEMiCHAELX Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:09 am

iL0VEMiCHAELX wrote:
Rpoppert wrote:

lol my mum is the only MJ fan i know so i went with her :') lucky you that has a friend that is a fan (:
it was quite mad i was either laughing my head off if MJ was being funny, or i was crying my eyes out when he was singing like i'll be there and stuff.
the only thing that annoyed me was that there were these people near us that kept going what song is this? i dunno... what song is this? no idea.... n then thriller came on n they were like OMGODDDDDD its thriller!!!! n i was thinkin no sh*t sherlock hahaa
we don't get the dvd in the UK till the 22nd feb :/ nearly 5 months after i saw it at the pictures :O
i wannnaaa see it again xD lol

and iL0VEMiCHAELX since you live in France, was it dubbed or have subtitles or anything jw cause i remember you saying you moved there n are originally english or american or something (:

Lmaao ! omg that sounds well anoyinn :L luckily there was like noo one near us =P'
&&; i was in englaand when i went too see ihtt lolz x. well she's not really ah fan ,well i guess she is as she likes somee of thuu stuf from when he was youngarr;x3
Lol though the lady across from us kept trying to get hur sun to get up and dance to the songs =/ he was only about 4 tho it was so funnyy xD
iL0VEMiCHAELX
iL0VEMiCHAELX
MJ Fan
MJ Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  iL0VEMiCHAELX Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:10 am

*son not SUN rofl XDD
iL0VEMiCHAELX
iL0VEMiCHAELX
MJ Fan
MJ Fan

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson's This Is It on Blu-ray 1/26: BD-Live and REALLY LIVE!!! Empty DVD VS BLU RAY

Post  MJsPYT Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:50 pm

REALLY sux that BLU RAY is not the same as the DVD. Sad
MJsPYT
MJsPYT

User Points : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:28 pm

MJsPYT wrote:REALLY sux that BLU RAY is not the same as the DVD. Sad

I totally agree. I want to see it all, and I just cannot afford to get a Blu ray right now. But, I will get the double pack, and wait to see it. Meanwhile I'll have the DVD to enjoy the movie!!!
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:51 am

Alright!! The countdown is on!! For me right now it is 11 minutes until midnight, which means, 11 minutes until Jan. 26!!!!!! THE DAY!!! THIS IS IT!!!! I onlhy wish I could run out right now, and get my copy of the movie. But, it'll have to wait for me until after work. Well, at least the day is finally here! Cannot wait to hold This Is It, in my hands!!
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  lucylovesmjforever Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:04 am

lucky americans xD 27 days to go for me! haha (:
lucylovesmjforever
lucylovesmjforever
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  AlyssaLovesMichael Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Okay, so I have my Blu Ray with the 90 minutes of extra footage (and it came with the regular DVD). Also, Walmart had a Walmart Special Edition of "This Is It" that had even more footage, so I got that too. xD

I also got more pins, another t-shirt, a dogtag, and more bracelets. xD

In case you were wondering I bought Saw VI too. Razz

I spent over about $100 dollars today total. Now I have NO MONEY!!! :'( I wish someone would call me back for a job. Sad

EDIT:
Oh yeah! I got my free 3-D glasses from Target for the Grammys! Very Happy
AlyssaLovesMichael
AlyssaLovesMichael
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:49 pm

AlyssaLovesMichael wrote:Okay, so I have my Blu Ray with the 90 minutes of extra footage (and it came with the regular DVD). Also, Walmart had a Walmart Special Edition of "This Is It" that had even more footage, so I got that too. xD

I also got more pins, another t-shirt, a dogtag, and more bracelets. xD

In case you were wondering I bought Saw VI too. Razz

I spent over about $100 dollars today total. Now I have NO MONEY!!! :'( I wish someone would call me back for a job. Sad

EDIT:
Oh yeah! I got my free 3-D glasses from Target for the Grammys! Very Happy

The Blu Ray has 90 more minutes of extras then the DVD has? I got my DVD, and will get the Blu Ray, but since I don't have a Blu Ray player yet, I am not rushing. Although, This Is It, is making me want to splurge on a player right now.

Wow, ok I guess, I need to also go get the WalMart edition. The other stuff, the pins and such, did you get those at WalMart?

Yes, need to get those Grammy glasses!!!!
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  AlyssaLovesMichael Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:19 pm

Rpoppert wrote:

The Blu Ray has 90 more minutes of extras then the DVD has? I got my DVD, and will get the Blu Ray, but since I don't have a Blu Ray player yet, I am not rushing. Although, This Is It, is making me want to splurge on a player right now.

Wow, ok I guess, I need to also go get the WalMart edition. The other stuff, the pins and such, did you get those at WalMart?

Yes, need to get those Grammy glasses!!!!

Yeah I got the pins and MJ stuff at Walmart. They had a whole MJ, 'This Is It' section in the store and they had another smaller MJ, 'This Is It' section in the 'Entertainment' section.
AlyssaLovesMichael
AlyssaLovesMichael
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  lucylovesmjforever Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:10 pm

AlyssaLovesMichael wrote:
Yeah I got the pins and MJ stuff at Walmart. They had a whole MJ, 'This Is It' section in the store and they had another smaller MJ, 'This Is It' section in the 'Entertainment' section.

wow that sounds well cool xD
lucylovesmjforever
lucylovesmjforever
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  AlyssaLovesMichael Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:17 pm

NO! It's like TOTALLY AWESOME! Very Happy king
AlyssaLovesMichael
AlyssaLovesMichael
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:55 pm

NO! It's like TOTALLY AWESOME! Very Happy king

Uh, yea!! I need to make a trip to Walmart for sure! Geez, just when I need to save some money. But, it's on Michael. Worthy cause!!!
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  lucylovesmjforever Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:34 am

Rpoppert wrote: Uh, yea!! I need to make a trip to Walmart for sure! Geez, just when I need to save some money. But, it's on Michael. Worthy cause!!!

I'm saving (: it's so tempting to buy MJ stuff when I see it but I really want the opus...
only £35 to go, out of £214 i've never saved so much without spending it haha xD
lucylovesmjforever
lucylovesmjforever
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:08 pm

Rpoppert wrote: Uh, yea!! I need to make a trip to Walmart for sure! Geez, just when I need to save some money. But, it's on Michael. Worthy cause!!!

I'm saving (: it's so tempting to buy MJ stuff when I see it but I really want the opus...
only £35 to go, out of £214 i've never saved so much without spending it haha xD

Way to go!!!! Yes, that Opus, would be the best to have. Keep on going.. you're going to have it in no time.
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next