Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The updated We Are The World

3 posters

Go down

The updated We Are The World Empty The updated We Are The World

Post  Rpoppert Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:18 pm

When I started hearing about the "new" We Are The World" being done a few weeks ago, I had huge mixed feelings on the whole thing. I loved the reason why they were doing it, for helping Haiti. But, I kept thinking why mess with the original. ( I LOVE the original We Are The World. LOVE IT!!) Reissue it or something. And, of course, it just felt wrong, or at least strange not to have Michael here to be apart of it. I know none of ther original members were in it, (except for Michael's cameo) but, it just seemed wrong for him not to be here to be part of the production, or something. Although, I do feel Michael would really approve of what they were doing, for the reasons they were doing it.

So, when I saw the small clip durng the Olymics the other night, I hated it. Really, really hated it, except for Michael's cameo. I thought, they just really messed up. It's awful.

But, then the next morning, I came across the full version of the video. And, I have to say all in all it's not bad. They must have done some really awful editing the night before to get those few minutes of what they showed. The short clip really was horrible. But, the full video, as I sad, it's pretty good. I was way more impressed then I had thought I would be. I still don't think it's as great as the original, but it does have it's own merits. And, in the end, I really hope they make a lot of money off of it, for Haiti. That is the purpose for it, and I hope they succeed.

For anyone who has seen the video, what do you all think? Again, I am just stating my opinion and I hope I haven't offeneded anyone, and don't feel bad to disagree with me. I do feel, Michael would have approved of this. To help the people of Haiti.
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

User Points : 272

Back to top Go down

The updated We Are The World Empty Re: The updated We Are The World

Post  MJJismyPYT Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:22 am

ok so when i first heard about the new version of "We Are The World", I too was a little upset. I didn't want them to change the original song. but i saw the video on Youtube as a whole. I'm not lying when i say this...I cried. i really was emotional when i saw it. I mean, i wasn't alive during the 80s to see "my icons" up there with michael. so when i saw the video and saw all "my icons" i was overwhelmed with joy..i was like he its " Celine, Lil Wayne..Kanye west, JB" hehee...but i was happiest when they kept Michael's part of the song. it would just have been wrong if they took it out. i really enjoyed it Smile))
MJJismyPYT
MJJismyPYT
MJ Fan
MJ Fan

User Points : 71

Back to top Go down

Post  MJFanboy Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:33 pm

I really really loathe the new version. "The world's greatest pop artists"??? Every single one of them was auto tuned!!! That really shows how much music has declined over the years. OH, and don't get me started about the rapping in the video. Adding this generation rap to a previous generation pop song was a terrible idea! And plus, who the heck invited Justin Beiber? I'm sorry but the new version was a piece of crap...period
MJFanboy
MJFanboy

User Points : 24

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMJFanboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down