Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are the World--I made my 10.00 pledge did you?

3 posters

Go down

We Are the World--I made  my 10.00 pledge did you? Empty We Are the World--I made my 10.00 pledge did you?

Post  allaboutmj Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:21 am

I hope you all loved this remake as much as I! I immediately used my credit card and paid the 10.00 the were requesting to help Haiti. I saw We Are The World aired for the first time when I was a kid and I fell in love with it cause MJ was in it and I always thought he was the only one that could sing over everybody else..I use to get sooo excited when I would hear that MJ was going to preform or was going to be featured in a show or video, mainly the Grammys and I would cry wishing I could just touch him. I was one of the people who had there face glued to the tv with mouth hanging open,watching every movement, hanging on to every word.."whats he gonna do next.."Anyway I thought the remake was SUPERB and I loved seeing MJ, it felt like it did when I saw it for the first time in the 80's. Did you make the 10.00 pledge? Every Mj FAN SHOULD FEEL OBLIGATED to donate, knowing how this kind of thing was his mission, his Legacy!
Michael Jackson was an integral part of the first "We Are the World," from co-writing the song to singing it alongside a gang of fellow celebrities.

Now, twenty-five years later, and only hours before "We Are the World — 25 for Haiti" was set to premiere, Lionel Richie revealed on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" Friday that Michael Jackson will be part of the remake's song and video.

"He had to be there," Richie told the talk-show host. "If you're not gonna be there for the production, you still gotta be a part of it."

Jackson's vocals leads the new all-star cast through the famous refrain on the song's chorus, Richie said. And in the Paul Haggis-directed clip, archive footage of MJ singing from the original shoot will appear alongside his sister Janet Jackson in the new video.

"We have Michael singing that exact part and Janet singing along with him," Richie said, describing the moment as "emotional."

"We Are the World — 25 for Haiti" debuted on NBC during the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver. The song was produced by frequent Lady Gaga collaborator RedOne and will feature a bevy of artists and actors, including Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Pink, Jennifer Hudson, Josh Groban and many others. The song are available to purchase, and all proceeds will go to the newly formed charity We Are the World Foundation LLC and will then be distributed to Haiti.
Source: MTV/MJJC
Last Updated on Saturday, 13 February 2010 15:29

allaboutmj

User Points : 40

https://www.youtube.com/kimberlyrav

Back to top Go down

We Are the World--I made  my 10.00 pledge did you? Empty Re: We Are the World--I made my 10.00 pledge did you?

Post  lucylovesmjforever Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:06 pm

i love the remake Smile
i bought the song and video,
n have donated money to haiti before <3
lucylovesmjforever
lucylovesmjforever
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

User Points : 240

Back to top Go down

We Are the World--I made  my 10.00 pledge did you? Empty Re: We Are the World--I made my 10.00 pledge did you?

Post  Rpoppert Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 pm

I don't love the remake as much as I LOVE the original. But, I like it more then I thought I originally did. But, yes, I did make a donation.
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

User Points : 272

Back to top Go down

Post  lucylovesmjforever Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:42 am

Rpoppert wrote:I don't love the remake as much as I LOVE the original. But, I like it more then I thought I originally did. But, yes, I did make a donation.
i agree the original is best Smile
is it just me or on Michael's and Janet's duet could you hardly hear Janet? :/
lucylovesmjforever
lucylovesmjforever
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

User Points : 240

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpoppert Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:52 pm

lucylovesmjforever wrote:
Rpoppert wrote:I don't love the remake as much as I LOVE the original. But, I like it more then I thought I originally did. But, yes, I did make a donation.
i agree the original is best Smile
is it just me or on Michael's and Janet's duet could you hardly hear Janet? :/

No, it's not just you, I couldnt hear Janet either.

I love that they put Michael's cameos in there, but I wish they had put it together better. The transition to Michael's part to me seems to rough, (for lack of a better explanation.) I wish the transition was much smoother, and that you couldn't tell so much that it was spliced in.
Rpoppert
Rpoppert
MJ Regular
MJ Regular

User Points : 272

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down